Friday, August 17, 2007

"Their Sound is Gone Out Into All Lands!"

Like most bloggers, I am curious to know who is reading or linking to me. A little while ago, I was Googling hither and yon, and I discovered something interesting I'd like to share.

Both of the following websites contained a link to one of my "greatest hits" articles - specifically, the article entitled What They Don't Want You to Know.

The first site was a blog called The Boulder Hippie Gazette - a title which speaks for itself. Sadly, this blog is now defunct - or so it would appear. However, it clings to afterlife in Google Cache mode, as you will see. Scroll down the page until you come to a title which reads, "Hippies have never been feminists". Bingo! That is, or was, the link to my article! (Oh, just for the record, I can vouch that this statement - as regards hippies - is very largely accurate!)

Now, here's the next site - a blog called Triton Unleashed. This blog is, oh....how shall I say it? Well, let's just say it decidedly ain't the Boulder Hippie, and leave it at that! The blog author has cited a lengthy passage from my CF article, and provided a link to my original (on the word "Fidelbogen"). All of this can be found on the following Triton Unleashed post: "What is Feminism?"

Upon my oath, I am honored and impressed that counter-feminist philosophy is somehow able to span the culture gap between two such wildly dissimilar critters as the Boulder Hippie, and Mr. Triton! Just goes to show, as I have always preached, that the Movement is composed of damn near every kind of male citizen you can imagine - other than the femsymp variety, natch!

Yessiree! Gives me the warm-fuzzies for sure; from my old oaken noggin clear down to my sweet little tootsies!

7 Comments:

Blogger Triton said...

Hey, Fidelbogen, thanks for the mention.

I must admit, the idea of having a philosophy in common with hippies is a bit repulsive. But hey; I can be a "big tent" kind of guy when need be. ;)

You're doing some good work with your blog; keep it up, and best of luck.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

Triton...that was fast!

You are like unto another Greek mythological character - Argus of the Thousand Eyes who never sleeps...

Equipped with a computer, no less!

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Michael said...

I regret not having experienced 1968 (I was only two years old then). I probably wouldn't have been a hippie, because by character I'm just not someone defining myself over a movement. But their rebellious spirit during those days would be something that'd do our rigid world a lot of good today. Also they had better music back then... :-) And imagine there'd have been the Internet around in the late 60s.

Makes sense that hippies never have been feminists. Feminism is at the same time a product and a driving force of the competitive, soulless society we live in nowadays. That's not an environment the hippies flourished in.

5:44 AM  
Blogger julie said...

Hi again Fidelbogan,

I just e-mailed the MRA guy who is designing the brochure (it is just a 2 page flyer) and put your site as no.2 I had to put our NZ site as no. 1 because that is the right thing to do. But I CAN still change it.

It will be more than 2000 we connect with because we are also taking part in the University newsletters.

I hope you know that once again I have no expectations on you. God will help. Or as I believe a higher power. You know that exists because you know about being still. lol

Please let me know if you are OK with this. I would hate to push something on you without your approval because that is just wrong.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

Julie: The plans sound like winner material; full steam ahead!

I have kept your other comment in the alpha channel, just in order to be "mysterious".... ;-)

BTW, I appreciate the connection you have made between "higher power" and "being still".

The connection is not lost on me; of that you may be certain!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

P.S. to Julie: Keep an eye on your e-mail in the next 1 or 2 days....

11:55 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

Michael: I see hippies as a group of people who spring from the same psychic ur-source that gave rise to such groups as the Amish, and the Shakers. . .

Although clearly, there are differences. (I'm sure the Amish wouldn't relish being compared to hippies! ;-)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home