Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Message From Kevin Driscoll

I have been in touch with Kevin Driscoll by e-mail. I share the following with a minimum of preamble. First, for the sake of context and what-have-you, I include my own initial letter to Kevin, as follows:
Greetings Kevin: Let me introduce myself. On the web, I go by the name of Fidelbogen, and I am what is called an MRA (Men's Rights Activist/Advocate/Agitator).

For the past week or so, I have been in touch with a friend of yours, Angela, and a friend of hers, and we have been discussing your difficult situation and thinking of ways to remedy it. Angela may have told you about me already, and possibly introduced you to my blog (the Counter-Feminist), but if not, here is the address: http://counterfem.blogspot.com

I have been posting about your case quite regularly, as you will note. There has been a ripple effect, and now a LOT of people, in many parts of the world, are familiar with your story and all that you have been through — they are tracking it very intently and spreading the word further and further all the time.

I have studied the facts long and hard (and so have plenty of others), and to be honest, I don't think that the prosecution in your case has much of a case at all. The reason I say this is twofold:

1. The available evidence speaks VERY strongly in your favor - almost conclusively so! The prosecution has virtually no positive evidence against you.

2. The fact that the prosecution has not yet made a better case, strongly hints that they haven't GOT a better case, and are hoping to win this one through bullying and grandstanding tactics. I suspect they have gotten away with it plenty of times before and feel smug about it—that is how these things normally work!

Maybe "the dog ate their better case"?

To summarize, they've really got nothing better than a "he said-she said" with a few frills. And those "frills" are lousy, to say the very least!

Based on the evidence, if I were the judge I would throw your case out of court. Or if I were the jury, I would hang myself. But then, I'm not the judge or jury. Someone else is . . .

Anyway, let's get back to the present. So far, very little media glare has been given to your case, and most of it has been biased against you. The fact that you have been deprived of liberty for all of this time is simply inexcusable given the apparent lack of any solid reason for it. It is at least questionable whether your case even ought to come to trial AT ALL, let alone offering any hope to the prosecution if it did.

So. . . I'm not much of a person in the media, but I do have a blog that gets read by quite a few people, and what I post on my blog gets around rather quickly. And right now, traffic volume on my blog is at an all-time high because I am bloggging about your case. People are checking back every day to see what I will post next. . .

And so Kevin, I offer you a platform from which to speak to the world in your own voice.

And what should you say? Well, that is YOUR call; I am not the one to tell you what to say! Whatever you feel comfortable saying. Whatever you wish the world to know, or to understand. Whatever, in your opinion, will set the record straight.

It could be a single statement, or a series of statements. Who knows? But the point is that the world needs to hear from you directly, and I would like to make that possible.

If you want to discuss this some more, or if you want to ask me anything at all, please get back to me.
I will look forward to hearing from you.

Regards;

~Fidelbogen~

Kevin Driscoll's reply is given below:
Hi there. Sorry I didn’t respond to this email sooner. It somehow ended up in my spam folder. I have talked to Angie about everything. I have been following everything as closely as I can. And let me first say, thank you. It has been so great to have people like yourself supporting me. Everything from day one has just been a whirlwind, and I am so grateful to have people like you that are interested in the truth. If you are in contact with any of them, let them know that I am very grateful for everything.

Every single person except the DA that has seen the case has been disgusted. It has taken everything in my power not to start e-mailing and posting myself. I would have done so if the Deputy DA didn’t threaten to throw me back in jail for the paper the US Observer printed. They actually had the nerve to tell my Attorney that the story in the US Observer was “Witness Tampering” and needed to stop. That is why I am so thankful that everyone has run with everything on their own. But however this ends I promise you that I will let my voice be heard. If you would want to do an interview with me, that is the least I can do for you. I owe everything to all of you.

This DA has tried every tactic in the book. They have gone from lying to witnesses, to leaving witness statements out of the police records, and even to destroying evidence. I never in my wildest dreams thought the justice system worked this way. I was just like 99% of the public in thinking that the District Attorney is after the truth, not just a win. It has been a hard lesson to learn, and to see the horrible Abyss they call the Justice system. I think it has been the Darkest, Most Evil Corrupt thing that I have ever witnessed in my life. I really hope when this is all over I can expose everyone from Melissa, to the Police, to the DA’s office. Allowing these people to destroy innocent lives must not continue. I would really like to help out and get involved in future cases like this. So when this is over I am at your disposal to help in any way I can. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you so much.
Kevin Driscoll

5 Comments:

Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@ESBerkimer:

I am mysteriously leaving your comment behind the curtain, because. . . well, because I'm just a crafty devil that way, I reckon! ;)

However, I will certainly convey your message to Mr. Driscoll!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Jim said...

Fidel, you say you are in the PNW. What county is this happening in?

The DA might not be so high-handed if he/she need he/she was being monitored this closely.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@Jim:

This is happening in Deschutes county, Oregon. The incident under indictment allegedly occurred in the city of Redmond.

I'm sure the DA has caught a whiff of this by now, but I only wish we had gotten on it months ago. . .

But better late than never, I suppose.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from Kevin, and I get the impression he's in good spirits, in spite of this sideshow that he's been put through.

And yes, The DA knows. I wrote to him, and he responded. So have plenty of others. Others have called him. No harm in letting him know that you're watching with close interest Jim. That's all you need to say to have the desired effect.

6:22 PM  
Blogger MarkyMark said...

CF,

This is an interesting post. I'll be following the Driscoll case myself...

MarkyMark

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home