Sunday, November 22, 2009

A False Accusation Narrative

I would like to share with you a personal narrative from a reader, which reached me by e-mail about two weeks ago. It is not, as you will see, about false accusation of rape. But it certainly occupies a point well along that spectrum of operations because it involves accusation of sexual impropriety—and besides, as we all know, the word "rape" throws a long shadow in the wonderland of feminist semantics. Now would be a good time to underscore that false accusation of EVERY kind is a lurking danger that men must anticipate from women. Rape is only the most infamous and melodramatic of these. Child abuse, domestic violence, and workplace harassment are other possibilities, and there are many more. The world certainly contains plenty of lying women who are willing to behave in such a way, and plenty of people—men and women both—who are willing to believe such women when they say any imaginable adverse thing about their male victims. Thank the man-hating feminist lobbyists, activists, agitators and propagandists for working so very hard to make such things a deeply entrenched part of our cultural reality. In their code language, they call this "EMPOWERING WOMEN".

But here is the story:
"False accusation of rape, fortunately, hasn't happened to me. But I have been falsely accused by a woman of a sort of sexual battery, and it has forever altered my perception and behavior.

"My wife had a work assignment in Mexico, so I packed my Miata and visited places I'd always wanted to see in the west, like Monument Valley and Grand Canyon. On the way back I stopped for the night in Denver. I decided to get a massage, and called a massage school in the yellow pages to see if they had student (i.e., inexpensive) massages, which they did. So I arrived and was assigned a female student in her 20s. The room in which the massage happened adjoined the waiting area where other students and the manager were sitting and chatting. The massage was utterly unremarkable. The student and I engaged in a modest amount of small talk. At the end we exited and I was asked to fill out an evaluation form, which I did. I gave her a favorable evaluation but also a well-intended suggestion for improvement. I sat down in front of the office desk, and she behind it. She picked up my evaluation and read it. When the manager returned I asked if I could make another appointment for the next morning as I was leaving town, which she arranged. I didn't ask for the same student. Neither time did I specify that I would prefer a female student.

"When I arrived the next day the manager looked stern and asked if she could talk to me. Not imagining that she could have any complaint that would relate to me, I laughed and said, 'Great, I love controversy.' Famous last words.

"She told me that the student had accused me of repeatedly touching her thigh and telling her how beautiful she was. I was floored. This was an accusation of battery, out of nowhere. What to think? Fear? Anger? Humiliation? How to respond and be believed? The manager seemed to assume I was guilty. I was furious, of course. At no time did I ever say a word to the student about her appearance, and I certainly never touched her. Not even a handshake. I explained this. The manager said that after I left, as the student was telling her fable she had burst into tears! For god's sakes, I was having to defend myself against a manipulative, conniving, liar! Boy was I rocked. I recited all that had happened (and not happened), including that we were both sitting while she read the evaluation. (I wasn't asked if she had read it, I volunteered it.) Oh, but the student had told the manager that she had not read my evaluation. And there it was. The lie. The payback. With that the manager then began to soften and said that she had been suspicious because the student could have yelled and exited the massage room at any time if there was a problem, and the manager was probably less than 12 feet away, and other students even closer. Perhaps in addition to her revenge for the evaluation, she was angry that I didn't ask for her to do the massage the next day.

"Naturally I left without my morning massage. I called the massage school's owner and demanded that something be done about this student who had falsely accused me. I asked that we both be given polygraph tests. I called the state to see if they regulated massage schools. I left a message for the lawyer but never got a call-back. And then I got on the freeway and left it all behind. But not entirely. My previously easygoing relations with females were forever altered. I had learned the risk of being alone with a woman even in a public, protected environment. I lost the trust I had always had of women. Mind you, I was once a NOW member who travelled 6 hours to an Equal Rights Amendment demonstration. When I ran for mayor of a city in the late 1970s one of my proposals was for a rape crisis center, which I think were uncommon then.

"I was lucky. I didn't have to defend myself to the cops. I was able to walk away, but with a new perspective on my vulnerability. I had to live with the knowledge that this woman was going to enter the profession of massage with the propensity to make life-changing false accusations, and she would very likely be in constant contact with unknowing males: a ticking bomb.

"So, that's my experience, and it isn't the Duke case, thankfully, but it was bad enough.

"I recognize that it isn't about rape, but I wanted to give you a sample of how a false accusation can be made at any time, and the effect it has on the accused. You will probably hear a lot worse."

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the girls are educated early on that 'sexual harassment' is grounds to accuse ANYONE they wish. Problem is that false accusations are virtually unpunished so there is no risk for the woman.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Snark said...

Why don't we just cut the bullshit and make 'hurt feelings' a serious crime in its own right, for which only women can be victims?

2:45 AM  
Blogger Snark said...

"the girls are educated early on that 'sexual harassment' is grounds to accuse ANYONE they wish. Problem is that false accusations are virtually unpunished so there is no risk for the woman."

Indeed, Anon. Making a false allegation is like gambling with someone else's money.

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I am waiting for them to add false accusations 101 to sex ed in the middle schools. This is ridiculous. Women like these make me sick. If I didn't know there were women with better morals and self respect out there, I'd say I was ashamed to be a woman too. I'm sorry for your experience. You are lucky it didn't go any further than the manager. Was her name by chance... Melissa? :)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

"I'm sorry for your experience."

MY experience? Well no. . actually this story was e-mailed to me. Sorry I cannot be more informative. .
;)

~Fidelbogen~

4:41 PM  
Blogger Nicolas Martin said...

Actually it is my experience. I'm the one who wrote the quoted narrative.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

False accusations are amongst the many reasons why many men are either seeking places to live where they don't have to live in fear of being falsely accused or consider, as I am, placing a gun to their heads and pulling the trigger. I am the victim of a false assault accusation that has permanently detroyed my life. False acusations that include sex or anything sexual are not the only false accusations that destroy/ruin/end men's lives.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@Anon5:08:

Sir, that is a drastic step you are contemplating, and I hope you will think long and hard before you take it.

I hope you will remain among us, and learn to channel the pain of your betrayal in a political direction where it will do some good, and become a devastating force against the forces that seek to destroy us all, as men.

They WANT to destroy you. Please don't give them the satisfaction by doing it to yourself!

You are far from alone; that thought alone should bring you comfort.

Consider starting a blog, so that your voice may be heard, and others will know that they are indeed not alone. Consider also that this place you speak of - where men need not live in fear - is a place that must be CREATED, one step and a time, one day at a time, one life at a time, one commitment at a time.

Who says men are "afraid of commitment"? We'll show them what "commitment" is, all right! ;)

You will find an e-mail link at the upper right corner of the page, where it says "kevin driscoll is innocent". Get in touch if you feel so inclined.

kevindriscollisinnocent@gmx.com

9:43 AM  
Blogger The Archivist said...

anon,

I have to agree with F. They aren't worth doing that. They count on that kind of action to then further demonize ALL men. Don't give them the satisfaction.

There are also people who are willing to help. F can give you my email, if you ever need to just talk about it.

All the best,

E. Steven Berkimer
www.falserapesociety.blogspot.com


p.s. - My word verification was 'scram'. @F, you aren't trying to tell me something are you? ;)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

"My word verification was 'scram'. @F, you aren't trying to tell me something are you? ;)"

Ahh. . if ONLY i had such occult power over the workings of events! ;)

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home