Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Short Message

I am in receipt of the following e-mail from a correspondent who is close to the Kevin Driscoll case. It was in response to my earlier request for an opinion concerning the article (by Cindy Powers) which appeared today in the Bend Bulletin:
"I'm sorry I have not had a chance to read it yet. I will as soon as I get a chance. There has been a lot going on and, as of today, no verdict yet. Jury was deliberating all day. Needless to say we are all a bit disappointed and worried. Kevin is very distraught and I'll be spending the night talking with him. We are all hoping for justice to be served tomorrow. I can't understand what they could be discussing for such a long period of time. It's very discouraging. I know Kevin appreciates all of the support you have given and I will give you some more feedback as soon as I can."
On a different subject: my traffic count has been huge today (by CF standards, anyhow), and I expect the unique visitor count by the end of the 24 hr. cycle to break the 300 mark! In my web stat log I find a staggering, dizzying number of search phrases containing "kevin driscoll" "driscoll trial" "driscoll trial verdict" "driscoll trial, deschutes county", and the like. The word "verdict" crops up most of all.
-----------

All right, I know what's going on. People who have read the Bend Bulletin article are doing related web searches, and just about any search on "kevin driscoll trial", or the like, will pull up a Google page featuring CF as the very first item!

For you local mavens, I note that 107 visitors have Bend Cable (in Bend) as an ISP. I also note that 30 visitors come from Comcast Cable in Eugene—where the University of Oregon is located! About 18 come from Oregon Ed-net in Salem. One visitor comes from 'City of Redmond', and another comes from a Deschutes County office of some sort. And that's all I've got the patience to dig up at the moment. . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Snark said...

I haven't commented on Kevin yet, but I've been following his case very closely for the last few months.

All I can say is that it's shocking that the jury hasn't found him innocent yet. Given that the trial has resembled more of a circus than a courtroom.

Fingers crossed for today. I can't even conceive of him being found guilty, it's too horrible to even think about. If he is, God forbid, then I know we're not about to give up on him or abandon his cause. Still, it pains me to think that this might go the wrong way.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The suspense is killing me!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home