Monday, February 22, 2010

CF Podcast: The Seventh

I have taken the 'Olive Branch' post just prior to this, and turned it into a podcast. For the fun of it! The audio is just a bit over six minutes long, and the MP3 is available HERE:

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxx (no longer available for download. Material is available on YouTube now.)
Now, I realize that I don't always write for a popular audience, but I was irked by the thick-witted kneejerking reaction which certain MRAs, elsewhere on the web, made to the Olive Branch post. Curse their pointy little heads, but they do not understand the larger game behind the words, nor do they understand irony when it is too subtle. And I don't feel like spelling it out. Our sector needs to up its intellectual game, and be quicker on the uptake all around. That is all I've got to say.

On a more refreshing note, I will topside the following fine comment (from Marty Lee) which appeared a couple of posts back:

"Anointing patriarchy with great powers of deception is an effective means of defending feminism against negative criticism. In the same way, women's power grabs and participation in acts of violence can be excused as "manipulation by negative masculine ideals."

"Feminists will not apologize as that would be backtracking, i.e., run contrary to their movements politico-moral purity and sexual politics. The contradiction made possible, and acceptable, by the "moral force" of feminist victimology is that, even while the exponents of women's victim status dwell on the powerlessness of women, these exponents are anything but lacking in political, intellectual, and ultimately institutional power.

"The political power in playing the victim is shored up by moralism, and the configuration is contradictory given that this moralism is in turn founded on claims of powerlessness."

9 Comments:

Blogger Snark said...

An irking was not intended.

Though I can see how, owing to its brevity, my query could have been misinterpreted as incivility.

For the record, I did understand the purpose of offering an olive branch in the knowledge that feminists cannot both accept it and continue to exist as feminists (your section on stasis as the death of feminism was most clear!)

My questioning, as ambiguous as it admittedly was, was not inspired by your subtle ironies going over my pointy head.

I will respect that you don't want to spell anything out any further, and leave this as a simple clarification.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@Snark:

Yours was not among the pointy heads in question, be assured.

I ought to add, that when some dipwits compares me to Neville Chamberlain, "irked" is a bit too mild a term to describe the mood it puts me into. :(

9:04 AM  
Blogger Snark said...

Oh ... it seems I have misunderstood entirely!

I assumed that part was a response to the comments on your previous piece. That'll teach me to assume ...

9:52 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

Heh.. well at any rate we are clear that I am not Neville Chamberlain! ;)

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very excellent podcast Mr Fidelbogen (Y).

- student of counterfeminism

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btw, I'm still promoting this site.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where may I acquire the six previous podcasts?

6:39 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

"Where may I acquire the six previous podcasts?"

The previous podcasts are all posted with their individual links in various posts, similarly titled, e.g. CF Podcast: The Seventh, the Sixth, the Fifth, etc.

I probably ought to gather all those links in a convenient way for those interested (such as yourself), but not right this minute.

So. . . to obtain the podcasts, you should scroll backwards through the archives (starting with the present month) until you find the lot of them. The first pod was posted around July or August last summer.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ty, they are very insightful and educational. I'm glad I found this site. Keep up the great and underappreciated job Mr. Fidelbogen.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home