Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Men's Rights are Human Rights

Let's Get Involved in British Politics!

T
he following e-mail reached me today, from the False Rape Society:
"Gentlemen:

"Below this note is a post that will run on False Rape Society early Tuesday morning. I believe that this issue is one that absolutely demands our advocacy, but I need your help. I am thinking of a petition drive with a short, simple message that is quickly accessible to all concerned about human rights, even when those human rights affect men. I would like for us to try to involve all the other prominent men's rights bloggers. John and Snark would know better about the approach, and I greatly value Fidelbogen's ideas, and of course, Steve's.

"Can I count on your help?"
My immediate response is: "Count me in!". Below, I am posting (I should say mirroring?) the FRS post which he refers to (which was included in the e-mail):
"This is the most important issue the false rape community has encountered, and possibly the most important issue the men's movement has before it right now. It cries out for intense, fierce, and smart advocacy. It can't be handled in a single blog post. I intend to do whatever I am capable of doing to help, but I need help: the issue is a UK issue, and my familiarity with the UK is limited.

"The issue is the opposition by a significant number of MPs to the new UK government's plan for anonymity for the presumptively innocent accused of rape.

"John Kimble, writing for one of my favorite blogs, The Rights of Man, has written a brilliant piece that lists the names of the 53 MPs opposing the proposal to give anonymity to those accused of rape. Among his points is this dead-on refutation of the motion's assertion that "the Government has put forward the proposal without any research, evidence or examination of these issues; and calls on the Government to withdraw its proposal." Mr. Kimble counters: "This last point is the most valid aspect of the motion. There is something of a lack of research on this issues, yet you'll notice that the vast majority of this listed below who signed the motion are member of the Labour Party and have therefore been in power for the last 13 years. These politicians had all that time to conduct this research yet they've refused to even discuss the issue of innocent people having their lives completely ruined by false accusers. In fact it's worse than this, the Labour government created and nurtured a hysterical gender feminist climate in which the issue became almost completely taboo, so it's little wonder we're lacking in decent research on the issue. This is quite clearly a problem of their own making so it's quite pathetic to bring up such a point now."

"I am writing to Mr. Kimble, Snark, Fidelbogen, and Steve, of course, because we need to come up with a battle plan. I invite all our readers to brainstorm."

I'll be damned if I'm going to do nothing while the well-organized feminist machine destroys the most humane plan we've seen for the innocent lambs falsely accused of rape.
Very well. If you haven't yet done so, please have a look at the "Rights of Man" blog linked above. In fact, here is the link again:

http://therightsofman.typepad.co.uk/


Next, you ought to look at the False Rape Society post in its native habitat, since you will want to read the comments—28 at latest count:

falserapesociety.blogspot.com/2010/06/call-to-arms-possibly-most-important.html

All right, so far I have just barely gotten my feet wet in this. But I am posting this now in order to launch it into the psychic airwaves.

In case you haven't heard, political forces are now in motion in England, to grant anonymity to male defendants in rape trials. I guess I should have posted about this earlier, but here is a link to the UK Daily Mail Online which will get you up to speed:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1279965/
Male-defendants-granted-anonymity-rape-cases.html

So. . the Labour Party got ousted in the recent elections, and England is now under a coalition government divided between Conservatives and Liberals. ("Coalition government" is a concept unknown to most Americans, since we haven't got a parliamentary system.)

And . . as I have gathered for quite some time, the Labour party is the principle source of the many potent evils that have been spreading cancerously through Great Britain in recent years. Labour, its seems, had to go. And now they are gone (or at least banished to the back row), and that, I am informed, is a sea change.

The 53 MPs who object to the proposed measure are almost all Labour MPs, and 41 of these are women. I will let that speak for itself!

All right, what about action?

Well, those Labour MPs must be be-laboured, clearly. Some commenters have remarked that this faction probably won't win, given that they are merely 53 out of (roughly) 650 MPs in total. But personally, I think this is a great opportunity to make a splash and show some MRA political muscle. A showing of international male solidarity on a matter of such key importance surely makes a statement and sends a message, and bumps us higher on the global radar screen. . . don't you think?

I shall be brainstorming with "the crew" in the next day or two, and I will post more on this subject. In the interim, think "distributed e-mail bombardment". (That is what I am thinking, you know. . ! ;)

11 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Snark said...

It's more like 650, not 400 MPs.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

Thank you. That has been duly noted and corrected.

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted a few lines/links from the FRS, The UK Daily Motion and Mr. John Kimble's " Rights of man" to a news blog in the UK(where it was absent). This should raise awareness of the issue. I'm sure lots of men will read it and react.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Archivist said...

Put on your most intense thinking cap, Fidelbogen, because this cries out for your cleverness. We need to figure out how to become activists on this issue. I am wondering how much support there is for this in the MRA community, so I am testing the waters in a generalized way: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/anonymity/

I think we need to target pertinent members of the government and also the news agencies and outlets. Start making this "our" issue. Let's confer.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Hughman said...

Labour, frankly, are a bunch of cunts.

I've used that word 3 times to describe people or a person.

They deserve it. The only good things I can think of that they managed was the expansion of the NHS training positions.

Our Con-Lib coalition is a new thing to us as well by the way, we tend to have 10 year periods of rule between the Tories and Labour.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@Hughman: thank you for pointing out that it is the Con-Lib coalition. I have corrected the terminology in my post.

@Archivist:the damnedest thing has happened. My e-mail account has developed a technical bug and refuses to send e-mail (although it still recieves)!

(I wrote an e-mail containing suggestions and tried to send it.)

I will need to look into alternatives, such as writing from a different e-mail account.

In the meantime. . . here is what I think. I think we need to gather e-mail addresses of all of the offending MPs.

PLUS, a whole bunch of other addresses. (E.G. news media people, other politicians, etc. )

Send a basic letter of protest to ea of the offending parties. It can be the same letter to all of them, although each letter writer should write his own. But CC a copy of each letter to a whole lot of other people!

I will now look into my e-mail crisis. . . :(

12:02 PM  
Blogger ScareCrow said...

I posted about this on my blog as well.

http://men-factor.blogspot.com/2010/06/activism-in-united-kingdom.html

Also, in that post, I list the ways to get in contact with MP's:

http://www.writetothem.com/

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

So, if you live in the United Kingdom, please take the time to contact your MP and let them know that you support this measure!

That is, tell them something like, "I support the measure that grants anonymity to people accused of rape".

1:52 PM  
Blogger ScareCrow said...

Can I make a wise-crack?

Yes, men do committ the majority of rapes. This is a fact.

However, in the case of lesbian rape, and even female on male rape (yes, I do not see how - but this DOES happen - and not always statutory rape) - it seems like this "right" should apply to women as well...

That is, "PEOPLE accused of rape (falsely or not) should have anonymity".

11:26 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

"Can I make a wise-crack?"

A wise crack: is that a crack through which wisdom gets in? ;)

Yes, this right should apply to women as well. . although women are not the subject here, of course.

"Oh, but what about teh wimminz?"

1:13 PM  
Blogger ScareCrow said...

Sorry FidelBogen...

I just kept hearing "men falsely accused of rape"...

It should not matter if they are FALSELY accused or not.

Anonymity should be there when they are ACCUSED period.

And - well, I got technical with including women of course...

My brain has been doing overtime lately.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So has mine for the past three years.



Robert L. Hodge

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home