Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Soup: It Thickens!

The following is worthy of slow, thoughtful reading and re-reading:

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/07/16/americas-ruling-class-and-the/print

The subject of the above-linked article is not, of course, feminism. At least not directly. And yet, the political blueprint which the article lays out for our inspection is a template which feminism very directly mirrors and participates in.

Long-time MRAs know the feeling well: both the feminists and the left-progressive political tribe consider folk such as ourselves to be ignorant, dirty farm animals, or at best unruly children, whose intelligence and moral competence are not to be taken seriously. All evidence to the contrary is quickly brushed aside or "explained away".

But MRAs are not the only ones who know this feeling! And the above-linked article enlarges—
with considerable nuance, eloquence and erudition—upon the theme of left-wing moral arrogance toward the rest of the world. Their base psychology is materially akin to racism or colonialism. Both the feminists and their political peer group believe they are the vanguard of cultural evolution, and at the same time they have (as the author explains) achieved a controlling power-lock upon the machinery of state in most of its dimensions. Those two things, moral arrogance and political power, are a poisonous combination—and the poison is accumulating. This new Ruling Class is on a roll, is invincibly ignorant about its own capacity for evil, and . . . is due to get its nose bloodied!

There! That was a nervy thing to say—but I said it!

The article talks about the state of politics in the USA, but a very similar Ruling Class has arisen in other nations as well—especially in the Anglosphere. Just ask anybody in England, for example, if any of this resonates for them! I believe it is the same Ruling Class everywhere, and the same Country Party that needs to rise up against it.

Over three years ago I blogged upon related matters, and I am gratified to see so much in this recent article that dovetails with my own vision:


counterfem.blogspot.com/2007/05/political-landscape-which-lies-ahead.html

Now, although we as activated non-feminists ought to keep our political focus largely upon feminism and whatever damages feminism, it will certainly profit us to navigate with the broader terrain in mind, and tip the hat occasionally to our cohorts in the Country Party at large.

A more expansive application of the following tract will suggest itself if you consider that the polarity of Progressive v. Country Party is very closely analogous to the polarity of Feminist v. Non-feminist:

www.4shared.com/document/Y7LmET5s/EfficientPoliticalWorldview.html

Again, I recommend reading the first-linked article slowly, thoroughly and repeatedly. I would also recommend archiving a copy for future study, and sharing the material with others.

8 Comments:

Anonymous TDOM said...

I'll read the articles you've linked, but at a later time. Right now I'm at work, but I did want to comment on your characterization of the left's characterization of the MRM as ignorant.

Many of my own views are left-leaning while many are decidedly to the right. It simply depends on the issue. I am not an ideologue. But I once held that right-leaning persons were less educated, more ignorant, and rather mean-spirited in general. I no longer think so. Over the last 20 years, I have noticed a nastiness that seems to have encompassed the left to the point that there is now just as much hatred and ignorance there as exists on the right. I attribute this directly to feminism. It began with the radical feminists on the fringe and gradually infected the mainstream until it has now taken over. I look at those on the left and where I once saw a kinder, gentler people who, no matter how misguided, actually seemed to have a genuine concern for their fellow man (and woman), I now see sexist bigotry and hatred that rivals anything that has ever come out of the right.

TDOM

2:16 PM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@TDOM:

It sounds like your intellectual trajectory has been roughly similar to my own.

In the good ol' days, I had no particular beef with feminism - although I must admit that I was too busy living my own life to pay much attention to it. I just assumed they were "out to get" the classic male jerks who nobody liked anyway, and only gradually did it dawn on me that the feminists were making war on MEN, full stop!

Such an innocent soul was I!

Your theory that feminism in particular is what tainted the Left into its current state of ugliness, rather than just evolutionary forces at large, is. . interesting.

It had not occurred to me.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Snark said...

My own 'intellectual trajectory' is similar: I could have written the following from TDOM -

"I once held that right-leaning persons were less educated, more ignorant, and rather mean-spirited in general. I no longer think so. Over the last 20 years, I have noticed a nastiness that seems to have encompassed the left to the point that there is now just as much hatred and ignorance there as exists on the right. I attribute this directly to feminism. It began with the radical feminists on the fringe and gradually infected the mainstream until it has now taken over. I look at those on the left and where I once saw a kinder, gentler people who, no matter how misguided, actually seemed to have a genuine concern for their fellow man (and woman), I now see sexist bigotry and hatred that rivals anything that has ever come out of the right."

And yes, I believe that feminism may have been the 'tainting' factor!

Although, we can't forget of course the Marxist elements which predate 'official' feminism.

BUT, those Marxist elements were ABSENT from the MAINSTREAM left in most places.

It is in recent decades that old-fashioned social democracy has given way to IDENTITY POLITICS and righteous persecution. I would assume it is because the left has ascended: it is no longer 'outside' the system demanding change, it IS the system, and can scarcely play the 'rebel' any more! The left had nowhere left to go except to turn its energies inwards and rip society apart from within. The Left cannot exist without CHANGE; which is not merely CONSTRUCTION but DESTRUCTION too! When it has destroyed all that it set out to, it will not stop destroying ...

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon me for saying so but, IMHO, both political parties are sides of one dirty piece of cloth

5:54 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@Anon:

Well, when that happens, it is time to wash the cloth. . . or weave a new cloth.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@Snark:

"The Left cannot exist without CHANGE; which is not merely CONSTRUCTION but DESTRUCTION too! When it has destroyed all that it set out to, it will not stop destroying ..."

Very much the twin of feminism in that respect!

Which is why I say that the best way to destroy feminism, is simply to BLOCK it.

Which can be done in a number of ways, some of them quite mysterious and freakish!

Think outside the box, say I! ;)

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think and work outside the box. As a ninja of counter-feminism, I work in any way I can. Ninjas' work in mysterious and affective/effective ways.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@Anon:

Aye, that's the spirit!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home