Monday, June 11, 2012

New YouTube Channel by Eincrou



I like what I'm hearing here, and I look forward to more from Eincrou in the weeks and months ahead.

As he rightly points out, MRAs, MGTOWs and their ilk spend a lot of time talking about women.  But to frame the matter more precisely, I'd say they spend a lot of time talking about women qua women. Specifically, they dwell upon relationships. More specifically, they complain.

That is where I, myself, differ from a lot of the politically outspoken pro-male chaps you'll encounter in the world nowadays. So far as I'm concerned, women are not the topic at all. Women are nothing more than a factor -- one among many -- in the definition of the situation. They are objective features in the landscape, like trees, rocks or fence posts, all of which are important in their way and need to be allowed for, but oughtn't dominate your thinking.

That is to say, you ought not to take women personally, but politically only. You will understand right away what I am driving at here. I am warning all concerned not to fall into the feminist trap of mixing the personal with the political. As a counter-feminist policy wonk, that is how I conduct my own thinking, and this is a policy I recommend to all who might consider themselves disciples.

This policy has the added advantage that it tends to innoculate against so-called "misogyny" -- and I advise against misogyny for the simple reason that I consider it bad policy. It does not politically empower you, but very much the contrary.

Eincrou also mentions the term "non-feminist", and notes the lack of descriptive capacity. I acknowledge this weakness in the term, but would also note its peculiar virtue. Being how it is so bland, and has so little "bite", the term inherently defies stereotypification or branding. Furthermore, it encompasses so much of the universe (99.9% as Eincrou notes) that it postulates a transcendentally powerful constituency base -- if you follow my meaning. Finally, the term "non-feminism" designates a space of refuge not unlike a "city" where a "serf" may gain liberty -- hence we speak of the liberty of the (non-feminist) sector. 

10 Comments:

Anonymous Retrenched said...

Subscribed. Thanks for the recommendation.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous forweg said...

What a hypocrite. The author of that video is one the biggest agitators for right-wing politics and traditionalism in the "MRM". Eincrou seems to be mostly interested in using the "MRM" to promote his own brand of rightist politics.

He's the last one who should be chastising others for focusing on diversionary matters.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

If he keeps putting out videos like this, his contribution shall be valuable and valued.

Besides, we have enough lefties coming on board to balance the mix, so it's all good.

The non-feminist sector contains everything the world contains -- well, everything except feminism, that is.

Truly, it is a wide umbrella.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Long Duc Dong said...

He has only made the one video and I detect some veiled shaming and mockery directed at men withing the men's movement but one in a row doesn't make a trend so we will see what else comes out of his channel, thanks.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Eincrou said...

Thanks for the writeup, Fidelbogen. As usual, I agree with pretty much all of what you said.

I see some detractors in these comments. A bit sad that they don't have anything specific to say, so I can't really respond.

It's amusing to be called "one of the biggest agitators for right-wing politics and traditionalism in the "MRM.""

I haven't been much of a contributor of comments, articles, or videos for the past 4 years I've been around this men's movement, so that's kind of an exaggeration. An added bonus is the fact that I don't advocate for traditionalism nor right-wing politics at all. These are meaningless boogie-men buzzwords.

6:17 AM  
Blogger RockingMrE said...

I like the way that you referred to the personal and political in your reasoning above. This perfectly exemplifies my feelings on working towards men's issues as well.

Continuing with the ethos of the Redstockings movement, keep an eye out for my blog at the end of the week, where I plan to show just how bad an idea it is to revert to feminist tactics.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

@RMrE:

Hey, thanks for dropping by.

This business about the personal and political is mighty important, I think, and needs to be explored quite a bit more in depth.

Meantime, I am working on a post that further enlarges on certain points in Eincrou's video. I will have this up toward day's end, and you might find it of interest.

When you put up your own blog post, can you drop a link here, as a reminder?

1:18 PM  
Anonymous forweg said...

"Besides, we have enough lefties coming on board to balance the mix, so it's all good."

No, it really isn't. When you bring an outside political ideology into this unrelated sphere, and insist on inserting your ideology into the fray as a vital, central aspect, you are fucking everything up and creating unneeded dissension.

Men's rights, anti-feminism, non-feminism, whatever; none of these is inherently rightist, leftist, capitalist, communist, etc. Individuals are of course free to hold whatever unrelated beliefs they like. But when they *force* those beliefs into the core of this "movement", they are destabilizing and sabotaging it.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Fidelbogen said...

We must see to it that nobody inserts a foreign ideology as a "vital, central aspect".

I think that can be done.

But if not, then fine, let people form their own splinters. The point is to break the so-called "MRM" out of the box it is in, and to merge it with the world so that the non-feminist revolution becomes an ambient system rather than something flowing from a point source.

Ultimately, I would like to see the "men's rights movement" fade away and metamorphose into something much bigger and more powerful.

So, my motto is "Death to the MRM!"

The "MRM" is only a passing stage.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous FemmeFatale said...

This, in of itself is a hate blog. It's misandry

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home